Please read all information below before reporting any faults or missing items!
The information contained in this post is applicable to the Ltl Acorn 6210MC model (both 850nm and 940nm infrared versions).
Ltl Acorn 6210MC Box Contents:
6210MC Wildlife Camera Trap
TV Out Cable
Ltl Acorn Manufacturers Instruction Manual
The manufacturers’ instruction booklet will make references to a CD, MMS set up and web pages – none of this is relevant for this model which is the 6210MC.
You do not need a CD, SIM or any software whatsoever to use this camera.
Please note, the USB lead will usually be found in the main compartment of the box along with the camera itself. The strap and TV Out Cable is found underneath the cardboard insert at one end of the box.
Basic Set Up Guide
- Open hatch at bottom of camera & insert SD Card (32G max) and 4 x AA batteries in the slots to the front of the camera. There is space for another 8 AA batteries in the slots to the rear of the camera.
- Flick switch on bottom of camera to TEST position.
- LCD screen will come on (will go straight off again if you have not inserted a compatible SD card).
- Push MENU button & use arrow keys to select and change settings. Remember to push OK button after each setting charge.
- Flick switch to ON position, LCD screen will now switch off & camera is now ready to be deployed.
- Close bottom hatch and lock with the clip.
PLAYBACK (on the camera):
(You can also connect to PC or TV for playback)
- In TEST mode push the OK button to enter Playback mode.
- The arrow buttons on the right of the screen run in the following order from the top:
UP, LEFT, RIGHT, DOWN
- Use the up & down buttons to scroll through your recordings.
- If you want to playback a video recording push the right arrow button.
- Push the OK button to come out of playback mode.
Product Support & Warranty :
For email product support please contact: email@example.com
You can also find a wealth of knowledge, information & troubleshooting guides at:
Please note, your 1 year warranty is always with your retailer. For instance, if you bought directly from Amazon then your warranty is with them. However, here at Pakatak Ltd, we carry Ltl Acorn spare parts and are always happy to test your camera for you if you think it has developed a fault.
HINTS, TIPS, Do’s & Don’ts!
We strongly recommend using only Uniross or Energiser rechargeable batteries. Uniross are the brand we use here for testing etc. We have heard reports of other brands such as Duracell causing problems. One common problem with weaker batteries is that your camera will only record very short video clips (even when set to record for 30 seconds for instance). This is because the camera senses low power and so saves & shuts down the recording, it then does the same thing when next triggered.
IMPORTANT – Do not leave batteries inside the camera if you are not using it, this could result in acid leak and ruin the camera – this is not covered under warranty!
Always use genuine branded SD cards, there have been in the past many fake cards on the market (especially being sold on Ebay etc). Also, always format your SD card using the “format” option in the camera menu, do not format your SD card in your PC for use with the Acorn cameras.
If you think your camera has developed a fault, try a system reset as below:
Remove all batteries & SD Card, bring the camera inside for 24hrs then test again.
The infrared beam is powerful so don’t position the camera too close to any solid objects as your night shots could suffer “white out” issues.
Infrared Cut Filter (situated in front of the lens):
When moving the camera in your hand you may notice the IR cut filter moving in front of the lens, this is perfectly normal. When the camera is in operation, it will decide if the cut filter is needed automatically depending upon light levels.
Please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you think of any other useful information that should be added to this guide.
Pakatak Ltd are the largest UK distributor of the Ltl Acorn range of wildlife trail cameras and deal directly with the manufacturer (we’re the only UK based company to do so!). To see the full range of cameras please click here.